18th July 2020,
17th July 2020 record shows, Victoria recorded highest daily increase of new corona virus cases around 428 cases and 3 deaths from the infection bringing the state death toll to 32. Among them 5 7 cases are linked to the known outbreak and other 370 are still under investigation. One of the sources told the number of deaths were 70s to 80s elderly aged group and one elderly was linked to the outbreak at Menarock Life Age Care in Essendon where 38 cases were recorded of outbreak. Per primer the outbreak on the age care was linked to the staff member working across different facilities with infections. Department of Health and Human Service listed the largest outbreak cases in facilities includes
- 160 cases linked to AL-Taqwa College
- 51 cases linked to Somerville Retail Services in Tottenham
- cases linked to Menarock Life Age Care in Essendon
- 38 cases linked to Estia Health in Ardeer
- 36 cases linked to JBS abattoir in Brooklyn
Per ABC source, AL-Taqwa College will remained closed till further investigation and age care home evacuated and resident were shifted to the hospitals, other under close monitoring of health care. Further known outbreak affected centre, services will be operated from home and will reopened after deep clean.
Mental Health Awareness Programme a Emergency Call
The mental health declared the emergency call over the visit of a mental health reason visit in emergency visit were likely to leave “at their own risk” without any interventions. Australian consensus showed the rate of mental health related case to suicide death peaked 3,000 in 2015. In 2018, the available data revealed suicide death toll again climbed more than 3.000 in the year, the predication on the number of cases would be likely to be increase in coming year due to the recent lockdown situation. The Australian mental health statistics shows:
- Suicide is the leading cause of death among the age of 15 and 44
- 65,000 Australians make suicide each year
- 8 people dies every day with suicides and 30 people attempts to take their life
- 75% death are male
- The death rate in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander are twice than that their non- indigenous peoples
- The death rate among LGBT + communities’ member and disable people are significantly higher than other population.
- 1 in 4 Australians are lonely and out of reach to disclose for help.
Suicide has a devesting impact on families, friend and whole communities. Every life is precious, and every people goes through the different phrases of life, its struggle and healing situation. Mental health and suicide are preventable Thus, we MCT care service supports to advocate, educate and work with our clients and families to promote mental health awareness. For instance,
- 13 11 14 for Crisis Support lifeline.
- Kid Helpline on 1800 551 800
- Men’s Line Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call back Service on 1300 659 467
- Beyond Blue on 1300 22 46 36
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
In addition, MCT care service has stand on proper supply of personal protective equipment for the support worker and the essential guidance educational information are been forwarded to each support workers. If any concerns don’t hesitate to call or email for further assistance. Our clients, families, communities and staff’s health concern are the first priorities. So, stay safe and healthy.