Community participation can relate to various things but most commonly:
- Going to work
- Going to school or further education
- Seeing and talking to friends, family and colleagues
Such actions are all part of community participation and several factors can affect it:
- Personal (health, mobility, support from family and friends)
- Societal (distance, physical accessibility)
For people with disability, community participation can be hindered by systemic factors such as the availability of support for disability needs. With all this into consideration, we at MCT Care provide specific support so that participants meet their goals in a participating community, social or recreational activities. We at MCT Care believe that community involvement and engagement serve to connect individuals and in turn, create a sense of contribution, which is a vital aspect of being independent.
With the assistance of our experienced and caring staff, our clients will be able to carry out various activities, such as:
- Join a sporting club
- See a movie or a concert
- Visit your local library
- Join a social group
- Attend personal development courses
- Go on holiday
This ensures that our clients are empowered and have more control and choice over their lifestyle as per our MOTO: “Live the life, the way you want”. Our staff will not only aid in carrying out the goals of our participants but also:
- lookout for opportunities where contributions can be made
- Understand the Provider role as a facilitator for the client’s goals
Participants can enjoy while going out with their own cultural/language Support workers.
“LIVE THE LIFE, THE WAY YOU WANT”
Please click below to contact us to discuss your needs.