The NDIA has been making clear on the misunderstanding on the reports of early plan reviews on cutting off-plan funding. They are reassuring NDIS participants, their families and carers that media reports about the Agency alleged are absolutely irreverent.
A new plan review is a standard practice to review how the support funds utilized to achieve the optimum goals and can take up to three months before the review date of a participant’s plan. A new plan can affect the commencing date of the funding may take up to 12 months on processing prior to participant plans; however, it doesn’t cut off the existing funds.
Participants can contact Local Area Coordinator or the NDIA on 1800 800 110 for further queries.
The future of Hearing Services with NDIS
A new approach “the Hearing Services Program (HSP)” will be starting to a1st Julylia from 1st of July 2020. The NDIS and the HSP are bonding together to provide high-quality hearing services to all ages of people in different states.
Then Who are eligible?
- Those who come under the eligibility criteria of the Australian Government category should be Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- The approach will continue to be the sole provider of services for eligible children and young people under 26.
- HSP will continue to fund for the eligible groups.
- NDIS plan will also fund those services for hearing that may or may not be available in HSP services category.
- The participants who came under NDIS, there will be no change to current arrangements and will continue to have access to hearing support and service
Where can you find the information?
- Visit ndis.gov.au for more information.
- Updated price information is available in the NDIS Support catalogue about the
- Customer can register through the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission) and choose their appropriate choice of provider.
- Western Australian customer intended to register, need to register before 1st December 2020 instead of the NDIS Commission.
- For further information, visit the Hearing support page to get detail on the new approach of hearing services.